Does your pad look like a page from 25 Beautiful Homes? Have you poured blood, sweat and tears into making it look like Grand Designs? Is there no place like your home! If you’re shouting YES at top of your lungs, all the hard work could be highly rewarded at this years Ideal Home Show 2011.
Household name and interior designer Linda Barker, is giving house-proud Brits the chance to be crowned “Ideal Interior of the Year”. Officially launched today, the first ever interior competition to be hosted at this years Ideal Home Show in London, celebrates real British homes and the talents of real British people.
As ambassador for the “Ideal Interiors” section of the show, Linda Barker is on the prowl for the hottest designs and inspiration, whether you’ve already transformed you home into a masterpiece or still planning it, she wants to know!
All competition entries will be judged in three categories:
1. Ideal Interior – to celebrate real interior triumphs – could your home be the ideal home?
2. The most transformed – send in before and after pictures of your dramatic makeovers
3. Ideal Fantasy Home – for entries that have been submitted as imagined and future ideal interiors (not existing rooms)
You can send in photos of as many rooms as you like, even if your only half way through decorating you can still enter and win! This is a great opportunity for those who have just started an interior design course, tought themselves about interior design or just have a keen appetite for style and interiors.
Announced by Linda Barker herself, the winner will be crowned “Ideal Interior of the Year” on 25th March 2011 and awarded with their prize at a special winners ceremony. They will also be given a signed copy of her book Wall to Wall as well the opportunity to win other prizes including;
- A dedicated one-to-one consultation with Dulux and their specialist interior designer and paint from the wide range of Dulux colours
- Vouchers from Belle Interiors
- Designer furniture and accessories from Aflair
- Hilary’s will make over a window of choice from their full range of blinds, awnings and shutters
A short list of 30 of Linda’s favourite designs will be invited to the show on 25th March 2011 where the overall winner will be announced.
So get your design juices flowing and to be in with a chance of winning some unbelievable prizes send pictures or plan of your room/s as well as your name, email, address, contact telephone number a short brief saying what you love about your room to email@example.com
You can also apply online at http://idealhomeshow.co.uk/interiors-competition
The Ideal home Show is held in Earls Court, London from 11th – 27th March 2011. For more information about the event and tickets click HERE
NB: This is NOT for professional interior design projects
Competition deadline is Friday 4th March 2011
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to UK residents, other than employees of Media 10 Ltd, it’s agencies or their families.
- Entrants can submit as many rooms as they wish in the competition and must mark accompany each image with their names and details
- The winning prize will be as detailed. No alternatives will be offered.
- A short list of 30 entrants will be showcased at the Ideal Home Show from March 11th-27th with the winner announced on March 25th 2011 at a prize giving ceremony in the Ideal Interiors Section, sponsored by Dulux.
- Entries need to consist of an image – a drawing, computer design, collage or photograph and a short description of no more than 300 words as to why this room deserves to win
- Designs should be submitted via firstname.lastname@example.org or using the online entry form at http://idealhomeshow.co.uk/interiors-competition
- Closing date for entries is 4th March 2011. Entrants’ full contact details including phone number and email must also be included, failure to provide these will mean disqualification.
- The shortlist and overall winner will be announced at the ceremony on 25th March 2011
- The shortlist and overall winner will be chosen by an independent panel of judges, including Linda Barker, the shortlist 30 entrants will be notified by post, telephone or email on or before 11th March 2011. The overall winner will be announced at a ceremony on 25th March 2011.
- The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these rules may be disqualified.
- The promoter reserves the right to alter, amend or foreclose this competition without prior notice in the event that unforseen circumstances make this unavoidable.
- The promoter is Media 10 Ltd, Crown House, 151 High Road, Loughton IG10