Keep on reading to find out…….!
The National Design Academy in Nottingham specialise in Interior Design distance learning course from Diploma to BA, have just launched a competition to design the interior of a £1million Penthouse apartment within the multi-award winning RiverCrescent development in Nottingham. www.trentpark.co.uk
- The competition is aimed at interior design students of all levels and keen amateurs and will help kick-start the winner’s interior design career. The winner will receive
- work with NDA Private Clients, the professional interior design practice of the National Design Academy www.ndaprivateclients.co.uk to develop and implement their design.
- Receive extensive publicity,
- Professional portfolio of photographs of the Penthouse
- VIP invitation to the unveiling at the champagne reception Award Ceremony.
- The winner and 5 short listed designers will also win one years student membership at the British Institute of Interior Design (BIID) funded by NDA.
Entrants should submit a selection of presentation boards, floor plans and a rationale outlining their design concept. Competition entry is entirely free and an application form can be filled out online at http://www.nda.ac.uk/competitions
All submissions must be received by post before midnight on the Thursday 7th July 2011.
A panel of 5 judges including Pauline Riley, Academy Director, Anthony Rayworth, NDA Director of Studies, James Pilling NDA Private Clients Practice Manager, Marianne Shillingford, Design Director of the Dulux Design Service, will announce the winner on Thursday 28th July 2011.
“It is no secret that this is a challenging and constantly evolving industry, however at the National Design Academy we thrive on finding alternative methods of training, supporting and promoting interior designers. The competition aims to provide new talent with a rare opportunity to gain professional experience, designing and installing the interior of a prestigious Penthouse property.
The extensive media coverage will provide the winner with invaluable exposure, helping to elevate their career and boost their confidence. We anticipate that the excitement of the competition will resonate through the design community, inspiring and motivating as it gathers momentum.”
The NDA have also set up a blog which has a 3D video simulation of the apartment, internal images, 3D visuals and scaled floor plans which can be printed from the NDA website and MUST be on A3 paper to be the correct scale.
This is such a great opportunity – dont let it slip away good luck!